Solved

Is there any way to get the Customer pop up notes to pop up when an SO is opened with the Customer on it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

The situation is that we have web orders coming through from BigCommerce.  We have popup notes defined against a lot of our customers that are important to see when adding the customer to the SO.  Because the Customer is already populated when you open the SO it doesn’t pop up the notes for the Customer.  Is there a way to check if the customer on the SO has notes and pop them up?

Thanks for any advice,

Phil

icon

Best answer by ppowell 29 August 2022, 17:27

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ppowell  It requires customization, to show the popup each time, when we open the SO.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @ppowell  It requires customization, to show the popup each time, when we open the SO.

Do you know where I would start?  I tried to do a popup before but I couldn’t work out how to get it to only pop up once when opening the SO.I had put it in RowSelected but I’m not sure that was the right event.

Thanks,

Phil

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@ppowell  Handling the pop-ups is a bit difficult whenever we open the SO, instead you can have a field with RED color (Bold Text) below, that will help users to read the message and take the necessary steps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga That could work.  Specially if we could have a button next to it to press to popup the Customer popup note manually.

How do I go about changing the color of the field?  I tried doing this previously and couldn't seem to do it in the field settings so presume I need to do it by code somehow?

Thanks for any help,

Phil

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ppowell  To make the field RED color, we need to create the .css file in the 

App_Themes → Default → .CSS file with below code.

.TestCSSClass {
color: red;
font-weight: bold;
/*padding-left:100px;*/
}

Add this CSSClass to the filed at .aspx file.

<px:PXTextEdit runat="server" Enabled="false" Width="258px" DataField="UsrTestField" ID="lblTestFeild" TextMode="SingleLine" TextAlign="Justify" Height="25px" CssClass="TestCSSClass " />

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga I’m not sure I will be able to do that as it’s not a local install of Acumatica so I don’t think I can access that folder. I guess I could just go with the button idea and showing it if there are notes to see and hiding if not. Thanks for the help anyway.

Thanks,

Phil 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Okay fine. You can do this if you have technical background using Visual Studio.

Create this file visual studio and add this file to package and deploy in the instance. 

Badge +11

You might find this interesting: Leveraging the Popup Note Manager

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga, thanks for all your help.  I have tried to set up a button to show the customer notes.  At the moment I’m just trying to get the button to write a log to the Trace so I know it’s doing anything.

I added the following to the SOOrderEntry_Extension:

namespace PX.Objects.SO {
  public class SOOrderEntry_Extension : PXGraphExtension<CreatePaymentExt, SOOrderEntry> {
    public static bool IsActive() => true;

#region Event Handlers

// Define action for Show Customer Notes

public PXAction<SOOrder> ShowCustNotes;
    [PXButton]
    [PXUIField(DisplayName = "Show Customer Notes",
    MapEnableRights = PXCacheRights.Select,
    MapViewRights = PXCacheRights.Select)]
    protected void showCustNotes()
    {
      PXTrace.WriteInformation("Customer popup notes here");
    }

and:

protected void SOOrder_RowSelected(PXCache cache, PXRowSelectedEventArgs e, PXRowSelected InvokeBaseHandler)
    {
      if(InvokeBaseHandler != null)
        InvokeBaseHandler(cache, e);
      var row = (SOOrder)e.Row;

if (row == null) return;

// ** Added by Philip Powell - Aug 2022

// Manage visibility and availability of the actions.

showCustNotes.SetEnabled(true);
      showCustNotes.SetVisible(true);

I’ve been trying to follow the tutorial in T230 and adapt them to my use case. According to the tutorial the Action button is supposed to appear at the top of the screen but it’s not showing up there.

What am I doing wrong?

Phil

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Just realised what I was doing wrong now. I had created a button to run the action on the form and already put the command.  I guess because it was the same command on the button it made the top one hide. The top one is now showing and works as expected.

However when I add the CommandName to the Button I created on the form it does nothing when clicked though the top button vanishes.  How do I get this button to execute the command?

Phil

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Somehow I missed the ds entry on the CommandSourceID.  Now working as expected.

Phil

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved