Solved

Is there a way to alter the search for Inventory Item in the Sales Order Detail Screen to search by Inventory Code before description?

• 26 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We have a non stock item called DS - Drop Ship.  On the Sales Order Screen and while adding a new Inventory Item I type ds into the inventory field and as I type the first thing it comes up with is something with ds in the description, ignoring the Inventory Code which exactly matches.  Is there a way to alter the search to search by Inventory Code first before searching description or failing that to only look at the Inventory code and not the description for the search as you type functionality. 

Sorry if I am not using the correct terms but I hope you can understand what I mean. Thanks for any help,

Phil

icon

Best answer by ppowell 28 March 2022, 18:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @ppowell 

I tested this in my local. I used ACCOMODATE. When I typed just the first 3 letters, it populated.

Are you trying to add it from the ADD ITEMS option? (I boxed this in green, I know from there you can not.)

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We are using the field you identified in red.  Not from add items.

I think the search will find the first one to match it comes across.  In your example it comes to ACC in accommodate first.  If it had come across something called for example:

ABC - Access door

it would come to ABC - Access door before it came to

ACCOMODATE - Hotels and Lodging

In our case ds comes up a lot at the end of inventory descriptions so DS - Drop Ship isn’t even in the list until you get a long way down.  Typing ‘Dro’ works as it comes to that first but people are used to typing DS in our old system and if possible we’d like to be able to continue to do the same in Acumatica.

Phil

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ppowell were you able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We haven’t been able to find a solution for this but it’s relatively low priority as we have a workaround of using DRO instead of DS to search for the Drop Ship Non stock item.

Thanks,

Phil

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved