Solved

Is it possible to Dynamically Show/Hide GI result grid columns?

• 29 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I have a GI that has many columns. I need some of these columns visible dynamically depending on what user needs and hide the rest at any given time. For example having a few tick boxes or a drop-down field on the header as parameters. I know in GI design Result tab we have a true/false visible setting that indicates by default a column should be visible on inquiry preview or not and user can manually add/remover columns to the result but I want to do it automatically/programmatically.

I can design multiple GIs with desired columns but I would like to have only one to minimize maintenance and future changes like grouping, styling, sorting, filtering, parameters…

Also I could create a new screen to have a grid with all columns then from graph set the columns visibility but the problem is I can not use this screen as side panel in the data entry screen I need it.

That would be great for GI columns we could have visibility expression instead of a simple true false but it is not an option momentarily. The question I have is there a way to do this? Do GIs have a graph that I can play with their handles of methods?

Any help is appreciated.

icon

Best answer by andriikravetskyi35 1 February 2023, 11:16

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

yes, Acumatica has public class of graph for GI (PXGenericInqGraph), but this graph has PXInternalUseOnly attribute, and I think that extension of this graph will not work.

Here is comments of PXInternalUseOnly attribute on screen shot:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@andriikravetskyi35  Sorry if I look dumb but I couldn’t understand whether I can override my intended GI events or not and if yes how? 

@Yuriy Zaletskyy 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I never try to do extension for PXGenericInqGraph, I don’t know how will work events in extension.

But if you will try to develop graph extension and your events will work and execute code, please let us know and I think that Acumatica support team will be surprised by new case :)   

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@andriikravetskyi35 thanks 😂

I was going to use this GI as side panel in data entry screen (not the screen PL). To the best of my knowledge we can not use data entry screens as side panel for other data entry screens. So, if I create a grid data entry screen with Inquirer Skin (to make all fields read only) which I can play with its handlers (because I can not do it in GI) is there any trick to introduce it as side panel to a data entry screen.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

yes, in your issue with side panel, it is impossible to do it in current versions of Acumatica.

But I know only one approach how to add custom page on side panel, so you can create new Dashboard, add new widget (resize to all page) and select “Embedded Pages“, in pop-up screen pass link to your custom page and page name. Add created Dashboard to Side Panel.

You can see you page on side panel, use it, but you can not bound filters and data between current page and your custom page on side panel, and it can be a problem if you need pipeline filters.

I hope it will help you and I don’t have anymore ideas for your issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Acumatica doesn’t allow to modify Generic inquiries in a way you asked. There are no legal ways to achieve that functionality. Description of illegal ways I’d like to avoid 😁 .

Also take a note of PXInternalUseOnly:

based on that, I’d rather recommend you to create your own custom inquiry, which will give you possibility to see the data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@andriikravetskyi35 

thanks for the detailed explanations. My intention is to refresh the side panels refresh when user navigates in the calling screen. It is going to be frustrating for users to re-enter the parameters. 

@Yuriy Zaletskyy appreciated. Hopefully Acumatica will work on GIs to make it more functional someday 🙃

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

It is going to be frustrating for users to re-enter the parameters.

use custom inquiries instead.

Hopefully Acumatica will work on GIs to make it more functional

Create your idea here: https://community.acumatica.com/ideas and with time you may be heard.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved