Solved

Insert/update data from one Tenant to another Tenant

• 13 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I need to know if it is possible to insert/update data from a Tenant(Develop) to another Tenant(Production) by code. I have not found any information about that.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by purwandaruw47 19 July 2022, 03:43

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It is possible to update the data between tenants, but the specific recommendation should be based on the nature of the data. 

For general case, I’d say the best way is to utilize import/export scenarios to export data to excel file and import it back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @alejandroalvarado64 

Import scenarios would be best, but depending on what all data you want, you can do a snapshot as well. 

It is possible to update the data between tenants, but the specific recommendation should be based on the nature of the data. 

For general case, I’d say the best way is to utilize import/export scenarios to export data to excel file and import it back.

Thanks for your answer @Dmitrii Naumov 

One of our client’s requirements is that when the vendor is saved in Vendors screen of one Tenant, the entire document has to update the same vendor from another tenant right away.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@alejandroalvarado64 in that case I’d suggest something like calling REST API of the another tenant. You can trigger the REST API call using business events/push notifications in the source tenant.

@alejandroalvarado64 in that case I’d suggest something like calling REST API of the another tenant. You can trigger the REST API call using business events/push notifications in the source tenant.

I’m going to go deeper into those topics! Thanks for the guide @Dmitrii Naumov 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m going to go deeper into those topics! Thanks for the guide @Dmitrii Naumov 

Hi @alejandroalvarado64 

We’re doing this for master data such as stock items. When users create on one tenant as master, will duplicate in other tenants. My teams using API to do this. So i think that’s the best approach.

Daru

I’m going to go deeper into those topics! Thanks for the guide @Dmitrii Naumov 

Hi @alejandroalvarado64 

We’re doing this for master data such as stock items. When users create on one tenant as master, will duplicate in other tenants. My teams using API to do this. So i think that’s the best approach.

Daru

Thanks for your recommendation @purwandaruw47, surely API is the best way

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved