Solved

Increase numbering sequence characters from 15 to 16.

• 30 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

On Account payable preference, Bill Numbering sequence.

Currently can only allow a maximum of 15 characters.

Kindly assist on how I can change that so as to allow 19 characters.

Any kind of response will be highly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 30 January 2023, 19:46

View original

5 replies

Badge +11

I’m curious as to the pain you’re experiencing that is driving this need. You do understand that a numbering sequence of 15 characters can support 999,999,999,999,999 documents?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes, @development93  As Daryl said, it is going be support 999,999,999,999,999 documents, do you still want to increase the length of the StartNbr?

If yes, I just wrote a code for this and attached the package. You can deploy and verify and confirm.

Badge +11

@Naveen Boga - Your script only changes the numbering screen capabilities, right? The APInvoice.RefNbr (if that’s the right table) has a database field length of 15, as well as the DAC definition.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@darylbowman  That is CORRECT!!

Where ever we wanted to use this Numbering Sequence with 19 characters, that field also should support the 19 Characters.

Hoping that he wanted to use this number sequence with 19 characters for the Custom Field. For the regular numbering, sequences make sure to have the 15 characters to as not to impact the existing screens.

if you wanted to use it for the existing screen, then you need to customize that graph to support that field with 19 characters.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I suggest reviewing the business logic you have as what you are asking for is going to have a huge side effects. RefNbr is one of the APRegistet key fields which is used in many tables including APInvoice, APTran, APRegister, APAdjust (multiple fields), APTax, TaxTran, APPayment and many more transactional and summary tables that possibly none of us ever have encountered in our customizations and length of all these tables need to be customized.

I’m not quite sure if you have considered the severity of the risk you are posing yourself to. I would say forget it.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved