Solved

How to refresh Code files in Customization Project after Moving to Extension LIbrary

• 8 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a Customization Project that I moved to the Extension Library, to work with it in Visual Studio. Development is completed, and now I want to Export the Project Package, to install it on another system. I see that the state of the Graph source does not reflect all the changes I made in Visual Studio. How do I refresh the Code files in the project to match what is in the Extension Library?

icon

Best answer by Dmitrii Naumov 8 April 2022, 05:36

View original

4 replies

Badge +11

Usually, attempting a publish after changes are made will open a dialog saying changes were made and let you choose which files to update.

Have you published since your changes in VS?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you for responding!

I have published multiple times. In the Customization Project Editor, before I publish, I select Files and the select the Button ‘Detect Modified Files’. It shows the DLL I most recently created from VS, and shows it checked. It also shows my Graph source file, located in the App_RuntimeCode folder, but it is NOT checked. I check it manually before clicking the ‘Detect Modified Files’. But the graph source code is not updated in the Project. As a last resort, I manually copied/pasted the source from VS into the Code Editor in the Project, but there has to be a better way? 

I know the DLL from VS IS being used after Publish, because changes I make are working properly on the WebSite. It’s just the source synching that is not working properly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The source is not supposed to be synced after you moved the code to extension library. 

If you moved the code to extension library you only need the dll in the customization package. 

The source code at that point is completely separate and should not be a part of the customization package.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you, Dimitri!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved