Solved

GI and Upgrades and Packages

• 15 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We are about to upgrade from 2020 R2 Build 20.208.0031 to 2022 R1 Build 22.109.0023.

We have noticed that our GIs that are actually on production are not in sync with those that are in our custom code package. This is the result of direct edits on the production site without then bringing those changes into the code package.

Our question is whether this will be an issue. More specifically, as we proceed with the upgrade, will the GIs in the code package update/touch/revert the GIs that were previously in the db/site ? Or will it leave them alone and not revert them to the versions that are in the code package?

For normal package publishing and unpublishing, this has not been an issue. But since we are doing the upgrade, we want to anticipate and address any issues that may arise.

Many thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 17 September 2022, 01:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

further follow up, we are aware of the “reload from database” option in the customization project editor. If i understand it correctly, it will reload what is currently on the site/in the db pack into the package. 

So that is good, in that we can get the latest back into the package.

However, the problem is that we have a new package for the upgrade.

So assuming i’m headed down the correct path, my question is...how do we easily get the generic inquiries from one package into another package? Is there an easy way to export / import? Nothing that we can see. ANd we want to avoid the one by one on hundreds of GIs.

Badge +10

If I am understanding correctly, your problem is that the current Customization Project has old GI definitions, and your new Customization Project doesn’t have any GI definitions.

If this is NOT the case, and the new package just has the old definitions, the obvious fix would be to upload the new package and use the ‘Reload from database’ action BEFORE publishing the new package.

Otherwise, the only suggestion I would have is to use the ‘Reload from database’ action on the old package, export the old package, unzip the package, edit the project.xml file with something like Notepad++, find the section between <GenericInquiryScreen> and </GenericInquiryScreen> and copy it from the old package into the new package, which you’d also have to export, unzip, and edit. Save the changes to the old file, rezip the package, replace the new package with updated new package, and check if the GI’s came in successfully.

Disclaimer: I have never done this

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved