Solved

Generate Lotserialnbr in Purchase Orders

• 24 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello.

We have a Customer that would like to generate LotSerialNbrs already in the Purchase Orders and not in the Purchase Receipts as sort a “Comissionnumber”.

I noticed inside of the Customization Project Editor, that a field “Lot Serial Number” already exists inside of the Details Grid of the PurchaseOrders. But when i make it visible, there is no way to generate new Numbers and if i enter manually some numbers, they don’t get transfered to the Purchase Receipt.

Is there a way to make it usable?
Or maybe a already existing Customization/Way?

Greetings

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 24 January 2022, 16:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @jwestermann17 As shown below, the lot or serial # is only assigned during a Receipt or Issue.

The Lot/serial does not goto receipt from PO.

One of the simple workaround would be :

1. to enable the “Copy line notes to receipt” (Shown below in PO  Preferences screen)
  2. Add the Lot/serial# to the line notes.
  3. Have to user to copy the lot/serial # from the notes to the Lot/serial field in Receipt lines. 

The other approach would be to customize without disturbing the existing fields.

Screenshot for references:

1. Lot/Serial Classes settings

1. Purchase Order preferences

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved