Solved

Fire Custom Code daily

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello guys,

i have a case that i want to call an API daily in a custom function i wrote.

i tried the business events but i think it dosent accept a custom code.

is there a way to call a function daily in acumatica?

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 14 November 2022, 11:51

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @abdallaahmed61  Have you created the custom code in the Processing screen?

If yes, you can schedule this screen to invoke the custom code daily basis (based on the configuration).

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi, @abdallaahmed61  Have you created the custom code in the Processing screen?

If yes, you can schedule this screen to invoke the custom code daily basis (based on the configuration).

i dont want to press the process button, i just want to make it run in the background as backend code. is this achievable?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello guys,

i have a case that i want to call an API daily in a custom function i wrote.

i tried the business events but i think it dosent accept a custom code.

is there a way to call a function daily in acumatica?

i just want to send a message to the customers after a period of time passed after their purchases with a custom API that we use to send the messages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes, that is achievable. When you write this code in the Processing screen and schedule it.

The processing screen can be scheduled and it will run the process in the background.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Yes, that is achievable. When you write this code in the Processing screen and schedule it.

The processing screen can be scheduled and it will run the process in the background.

thnx i will try it.

but can u give me a sample code if u have or any related link that make a similar thing?

because i didnt do it before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @abdallaahmed61  You can get the more details here.

https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/development/t240-development-processing-forms/

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @abdallaahmed61  You can get the more details here.

https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/development/t240-development-processing-forms/

the process screen i made cannot be scheduled do u know a solution for this ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @abdallaahmed61  The above screenshot is not given sufficient details and I could not able to provide suggestions.

Can you please provide the below details?

1. Source code that you implemented with the processing screen
  2. Screenshots of the processing screen
Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @abdallaahmed61  The above screenshot is not given sufficient details and I could not able to provide suggestions.

Can you please provide the below details?

1. Source code that you implemented with the processing screen
  2. Screenshots of the processing screen
Code In Graph
DAC SS
Screen SS

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @abdallaahmed61  Graph Code and Screenshot of the screen is not matching!​​​​​

• You have provided the Send SMS and Send SMS to All in the code, but in the screenshot, it is showing Assign and Assign All → Something is missing here.
  • As you do not have any parameters, your primary View should be PXProcessg View i.e ClosedList, Have you provided the same on the .aspx page?
  • In the processing screen, COPY, and Navigation buttons should not be shown.
  • Please click on the scheduler → Add button, it will take you to the scheduler screen. Please check 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @abdallaahmed61  Graph Code and Screenshot of the screen is not matching!​​​​​

• You have provided the Send SMS and Send SMS to All in the code, but in the screenshot, it is showing Assign and Assign All → Something is missing here.
  • As you do not have any parameters, your primary View should be PXProcessg View i.e ClosedList, Have you provided the same on the .aspx page?
  • In the processing screen, COPY, and Navigation buttons should not be shown.
  • Please click on the scheduler → Add button, it will take you to the scheduler screen. Please check 

i solved the problem by just putting the select column as first column and everything worked.

thnx alot for your time and effort.

u helped me alot with this task.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@abdallaahmed61  Awesome!! Thanks for sharing the update.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved