Solved

DataSource.Error: We couldn't parse OData response result.

• 3 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey Everyone,

The other day I created a GI to fetch all Payments done by Invoice and I think I achieved what I wanted. However, when I try to create a connection via oData on PowerBI I get the following error:

DataSource.Error: We couldn't parse OData response result.  Error: Unexpected end of file while parsing Name has occurred. Line 31, position 19.
Details:
    DataSourceKind=OData

on Acumatica I can view the Inquiry and even export via Excel, I just don’t seem to be able to connect to Excel or PowerBI via oData. Has anyone experienced this before? Please see below some snapshots of the Inquiry.

Tables

Relationships

Conditions
Grid

Or if anyone could suggest a better way of grabbing all payments done within the month (including credit card and cash). Sorry, I’m very new to this :)

Thank you so much!!

Brian SIlva

icon

Best answer by deebhane 3 February 2022, 16:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Wow, this is concerning. I'm glad that you pointed it out @peterj23. I hope there is not only a fix, but a logical explanation of why it was behaving this way.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

hi @wxbrian ,

To my knowledge, ARAdjust  is the table that can be used to get the data of the invoice paid, in case of you have issue in exporting the table to  oData from this table, then you can try API call as indicated by API which seems to be working and built some solution to show your data. 

Userlevel 2

Thank you so Much Deebhan, 

I took a look at the link you posted and it looks like there’s indeed a problem with extracting data from the table ARAdjust via oData. So I will have to find another alternative. 

If you have any idea of what tables I could use to extract all payments by invoice I would be truly appreciative!

Thank you all!

Brian

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

hi @wxbrian 

The error could be due to your result columns in GI, try with few columns initially. Please review this link which had the similar type of issue.  

OData feed - DataSource Error in Power BI | Community (acumatica.com)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @wxbrian 

I tried the same GI with the postman. Working fine without any error. Your GI is correct and able to fetch the records using Odata. Not sure about the issue with the Power BI.

May be due to a data issue. In the result grid, you can add only the Refnbr and Doctype fields and check once.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved