Can we open the PDF file on the Acumatica screen

• 2 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello Everyone,

We have below requirement, can anyone help me on this

Requirement:

We have custom inquiry screen where we are loading all the uploaded files in Sales Orders based on OrderNbr selected in header section.

Once we click on the Grid row, we would like to see the file in the below panel after grid. Please find the screenshot for reference.

icon

Best answer by gprice27 21 October 2021, 07:17

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello Everyone,  Looking for an update.

Can anyone please provide your thoughts on this requirement.

CC:  @community-admin  @Gabriel Michaud @dnaumov @nmansinha @Dhiren Chhapgar 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello Everyone,

Looking for an update. Can you please help me on this.

CC: ​​​​@Irina @community-admin 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @nsmith51  - Were you ever able to figure this out? I don’t have an answer for you but am hoping you were able to find the solution. Thanks! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi

Not sure if you can use this - but once you retrieve the file into a PX.SM.FileInfo object 

eg PX.SM.FileInfo file;

You display the file in either a new screen on inline with:

throw new PXRedirectToFileException(file, false);  This opens up the default Acumatica PDF frame.

I also noticed that in 2020R2 there was improved PDF handling. I have not investigated this - but it would be nice to see the selected pdf in a panel or side panel

Grahame

Userlevel 2

Hello @nsmith51 

Are you expecting similar requirement like below article. User can edit and open PDF in acumatica with the customization package provided in below article

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

Anyone getting this message in 2021 R2?  SM400009 doesn’t exist.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Nancybielke83 did you get  this figured out?  We are on 2022 R1 and I am trying to add attachment preview to a GI and get the same error.

Hi

I install this 

But I have error :(

Error : 

Please update your PDF Embed API viewer

A new version of this PDF viewer has been released with an improved user experience and this version will no longer be supported. Please review the migration guide for further details.

My Acumatica version

Copyright © 2005-2022 Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved.
Acumatica Cloud ERP 2022 R1
Build 22.109.0023 +

I try with chrome and Microsoft Edge

Did you have any idea ?

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved