Solved

Can I create an action button to create a new record that passes in information from the source screen?

• 9 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

Trying to create a no-code customization in 21 R1. I would like to add an action button that uses the create new record functionality from a case to a sales order. I got it to pop up the sales order creation screen, but I would also like it to grab the customer # and case ID to populate into the customer field and a custom case ID field we have on the sales order screen. Is this possible with the no-code customization of adding an action button? The parameters section allows me to pass in the specific order type I’m looking for, but I haven’t gotten it to pass the other fields into the sales order screen. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by dgross54 16 February 2022, 22:04

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes.  I have done this before by using the navigation parameters and the edit pencil to get my new value.

Below I am using a Description Field to write to but it could be any field including a UDF.  Just click on the New Field pencil, then Fields and Properties and then find the field you’d like to send to the SO and tel it where to put it (Description or UDF or anything).  If I followed thru with me example I would write the service order reference number to the SO description field.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved