Solved

Automate Sales Order ON HOLD

• 6 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello 

I am looking to automate taking sales orders that are being imported to take them off HOLD and put into OPEN - the sales order type needs to remain the same so to change the sales order type is not an option. I tried the Process Open Orders but that only works for Back Order to be put in Open no ON HOLD orders.  I looked at automation schedule but do not see an option to do any “action” such as Open order.  would it be a workflow process or such?  I need certain criteria’s to be able to pick and choose which orders to put in OPEN as well.

icon

Best answer by jamesh 21 January 2022, 01:22

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @mstanczak  While creation of Sales Order, If we do not want to place Order On-Hold status, you can un-select the checkbox “Hold Orders on Entry” in the respective Order Type in OrderTypes screen.

Please find the screenshot for reference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@mstanczak Are you using the import scenario to import the orders or an API/Endpoints to send the orders to Acumatica? Eitherway, the answer is to finetune the SaleOrder creation process to Uncheck the “Hold” checkbox on the Sales Order or to call the “Open from Hold” action on the Sales Order when the sale order is imported.

We are integrated with Big Commerce and doing a sync so it is using  API/Endpoints.  The SO Type has to put Sales Order on HOLD with entry, that part can’t change.  

Yes I understand that but other divisions use the same SO Type and we cannot uncheck that box.  I realize we could create a “NEW SALES ORDER TYPE” but we would rather not.  Some orders need to be ON HOLD and others such as a Pick and Pack order can go in as OPEN. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Yes I understand that but other divisions use the same SO Type and we cannot uncheck that box.  I realize we could create a “NEW SALES ORDER TYPE” but we would rather not.  Some orders need to be ON HOLD and others such as a Pick and Pack order can go in as OPEN. 

Hi @mstanczak - Unfortunately with your business process, you’ll need to create additional sales order types.  From there, you’ll need to check or uncheck the Hold Orders On Entry box to be able to differentiate which ones you would like to have on-hold when they come in, and which ones can be left open.  I just had to do the same thing in my organization.  On the Hope this helps!

James Harris

ERP Business Manager

LiveView Technologies

Another option you may want to look into is cleaning up the orders with an import scenario that runs after the fact to take specific orders off of “hold”.  If you are able to build a GI that can identify which orders are on hold but should just be sent through, you should be able to automate an import scenario to just open those orders, mark the orders as no longer on hold, and then save.  Schedule it to run at offset times from your Big Commerce sync and you should be able to leave the configuration of your order type alone.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I run several processes similar to what @wyattERP suggested. Sales orders created through our EDI order import process are left in hold status. From there we have Business Events trigger off of GI results and it has made our inbound order process nearly hands-free.

Some examples of scenarios I check for and automate:

• Update hold reason if the customer’s price does not match the system price
  • Update hold reason if the order qty is not a factor of an inner/master qty
  • Cancel the SOLine for specific customers if the customer’s price does not match system price
  • Release hold if no discrepancies are found

This setup allows a lot of flexibility and we can create custom rules for various conditions like customer or location specific processes.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved