Solved

Adding Project ID selector to Item Classes screen

• 28 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi 

I am trying to add the project ID selector to the Item Classes screen. I have added a custom field and created a control and have tried to use the ProjectBaseAttribute to allow me to select a project and save it against the class. 

[ProjectBaseAttribute(DisplayName="Project ID")]

When I validate I receive the following error:

\App_RuntimeCode\PX_Objects_IN_INItemClass_extensions.cs(23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProjectBaseAttributeAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
\App_RuntimeCode\PX_Objects_IN_INItemClass_extensions.cs(23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProjectBaseAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
\App_RuntimeCode\PX_Objects_IN_INItemClass_extensions.cs(23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'DisplayName' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
\App_RuntimeCode\PX_Objects_IN_INItemClass_extensions.cs(23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProjectBaseAttributeAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Compiler time, in seconds: 41.546804
Validation failed.

Should I use a different base attribute or do I need to do something else to reference it? 

The intent is to be able to associate an Item Class to a project ID for reporting purposes.

Thanks

Matt

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 28 June 2021, 19:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @mbrown Looks like namespace not added.  Can you please add below namespace and verify?

using PX.Objects.PM;

#region ProjectID
        public abstract class usrProjectID : PX.Data.BQL.BqlInt.Field<usrProjectID> { }
        [ProjectDefault(PersistingCheck = PXPersistingCheck.Nothing)]      
        [ProjectBase]
        public virtual int?  UsrProjectID
        {
            get;
            set;
        }
        #endregion

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Naveen B 

Thanks for coming back, It is different but not better. :) 

\App_RuntimeCode\PX_Objects_IN_INItemClass_extensions.cs(37): error CS0102: The type 'INItemClassExt' already contains a definition for 'usrProjectID'
\App_RuntimeCode\PX_Objects_IN_INItemClass_extensions.cs(36): error CS0102: The type 'INItemClassExt' already contains a definition for 'UsrProjectID'
\App_RuntimeCode\PX_Objects_IN_INItemClass_extensions.cs(37): error CS0102: The type 'INItemClassExt' already contains a definition for 'usrProjectID'

It could be user error, I added the below to the IN.INitemClass UserProjectID field as per the screenshot below.

using PX.Objects.PM;

#region ProjectID
public abstract class usrProjectID : PX.Data.BQL.BqlInt.Field<usrProjectID> { }
[ProjectDefault(PersistingCheck = PXPersistingCheck.Nothing)]
[ProjectBase]
public virtual int? UsrProjectID
{
get;
set;
}
#endregion

Thanks

Matt

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Matt, 
I think you are doing something wrong here. I just worked on this customization. Please find the attached customization package, you can publish this package and verify

Please find the screenshot for reference.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved