Solved

Add menu item to Tools Menu

• 15 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

We are looking to add a menu item to the Tools menu.  We need this menu item accessible on every screen so the Tools menu seems logical.

Is there any sample code to do this?

icon

Best answer by Nayan Mansinha 15 September 2022, 21:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Or the Header area too.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

As I remember, extending PXGraph and adding menu in there will do but it will show up in all places, probably even in places where it is not desired, e.g. GIs, processing screens, etc.  Please note that engineering does not recommend this method as it has system wide implications.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Could I know more details about adverse affects?   Of course we will try to extend pxgraph but won't be able to test every screen ourselves for adverse affects. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Could I know more details about adverse affects? 

Engineering does not recommend because the code in the extension apply to all graphs and any glitch in the code can have system wide effect.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @gmercede - were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved