Solved

Acumatica Performance Issue

• 29 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello ,

I am trying to make performance improvements in Acumatica ERP by minimizing the data processing in the background. What can be the ways by which we can remove data older than 2 years? Not deleting it permanently but it should always remain accessible when required.

icon

Best answer by frederickodendaal77 8 August 2023, 08:38

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @RSHAH1  Have you reviewed the SQL Profiler to know which SQL queries are running in the background and taking time?

Userlevel 3

Hi @RSHAH1 what do you mean with Data processing in background? Improve the time response of GI´s? Dashboards?

I´d like to get a concrete example of what you are trying to accomplish, so I could give you better advise.

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge

@deybanperez83 @Naveen Boga 

Hello sorry for late replay…

Yes, I would like the processing time for GI's, Reports and Dashboards to improve significantly. For example: We have an internal ticketing system and a lot cases get created on a daily basis. Once the cases are closed, they may be required for another few months for reference purpose but that may not be the case after 1 or 2 years. Instead of deleting such cases, is it possible to remove them from appearing in system, but when required it can be accessed with a separate login.

Hi @RSHAH1 , you can exclude them from your generic inquiries by doing so in the relations. If you do it on the conditions tab it will still load all the data and then only filter out based on your conditions. If you do it on the relations tab then you limit the amount of data being loaded initially.

So if you want to only show all cases besides the closed cases, you can do something like this:

Case2 is just the CRcase table but you will notice in the join we are looking for all cases that are not closed. You can then create an historic cases GI that will show all the closed cases.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you are on 2023 R1, have you looked into this new feature for Archiving Old Documents - Currently limited to Sales Orders and Shipments, but I’d assume that additional document types may be added to this functionality in the future:
 https://help.acumatica.com/(W(3))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=9346f797-eebc-4d54-a176-00084a6d0faf 

There’s some additional requirements and requests logged under this idea here: 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @RSHAH1 - were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@deybanperez83 @Naveen Boga 

Hello sorry for late replay…

Yes, I would like the processing time for GI's, Reports and Dashboards to improve significantly. For example: We have an internal ticketing system and a lot cases get created on a daily basis. Once the cases are closed, they may be required for another few months for reference purpose but that may not be the case after 1 or 2 years. Instead of deleting such cases, is it possible to remove them from appearing in system, but when required it can be accessed with a separate login.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved