Solved

What is the way to add fields to my own custom table after publishing

• 27 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What’s the best practice for adding fields to my own custom table after the customization has been published?

Should I create an extension for my own table or can I generate a script to update the table as if the fields had always been there?

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 27 August 2021, 18:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ddunn  For Custom table extension is NOT required and you can do this two ways.

1. If you have an access to the SQL Server, add your fields directly database to that particular table and then go to the customization project → Database Scripts → Click on the RELOAD FROM DATABASE action, so that newly added fields will be added to package.
  2. If you don’t have an access to SQL Server, then directly you can open the customization projects, and go to the File menu → Edit Project Items → Select the table → then add fields manually in source window and publish the package.

Since I’m a developer I always go with the 1st option.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Naveen Boga,

Are there any benefits to the first option that don’t come with the second?

Thanks,

Aleks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved