Imagine the next scenario:
- Acumatica has multiple version 20R1, 20R2, 21R1
- One Developer focus on 20R1
- One Developer focus on 20R2
- One Developer focus on 21R1
What happens when a developer has to modify the three of them? I think they:
- Developer create three branches in github (or other tools)
- Developer create three local instances (one for each version)
What happens with Visual Studio? What are the steps to follow to configure correctly? Developer needs to do something else?
Best answer by Gabriel Michaud
My setup look like the one you describe -- I have multiple Acumatica instances, all running different versions. For projects that need to support multiple versions, I create branches in GitHub.
For Visual Studio, there’s nothing special to do -- you just open whatever solution/web site you need to work on...