Solved

Update dependent fields on Filter view for custom processing screen not working

• 6 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I have a custom processing screen and would like to clear out values of other fields on my filter based on a combobox changing.  I’ve have CommitChanges set to true on my combobox but can’t get the text box values to clear.  

I can set a breakpoint and see that the values are changing to null but they stay on the screen until I change the combobox back to Pallet then back to Truck and back to Pallet again.  But the first time the UI doesn’t show the change.

Here is my FieldUpdated logic: 

protected virtual void _(Events.FieldUpdated<PMTaskToAssignFilter, PMTaskToAssignFilter.assign> e) {

PMTaskToAssignFilter row = e.Row;

if (row.Assign != AssignTypes.Truck) { 

row.DeliveryNumber = null;

row.TrailerNumber = null;

}

}

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 9 August 2021, 06:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @rjean09  Code looks good to me and it should work, but still we can do few modifications in your code. Please find the code below.

• assuming that you have Commit Change = True at .aspx level for the assign field.
protected virtual void _(Events.FieldUpdated<PMTaskToAssignFilter, PMTaskToAssignFilter.assign> e) 
{

if ( row != null && row.Assign != AssignTypes.Truck)
{
//Assuming below fields are just text fields.
row.DeliveryNumber = string.Empty;
row.TrailerNumber = string.Empty;
}
}

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Naveen B 

Yes, Commit Change = True for the Assign field.  Tried the above changes but still does not change the values on the UI without toggling Assign an additional time between Truck/Pallet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@rjean09 I’m NOT sure, why this is NOT working, but you can try with below provided code and verify

protected virtual void _(Events.FieldUpdated<PMTaskToAssignFilter, PMTaskToAssignFilter.assign> e) 
{

{
e.Cache.SetValueExt<PMTaskToAssignFilter.deliveryNumber>(e.Row, string.Empty);
e.Cache.SetValueExt<PMTaskToAssignFilter.trailerNumber>(e.Row, string.Empty);
}
}

Above code should work but  Incase above code is NOT working, please use code and check…

{

{
//Assuming below fields are just text fields.
row.DeliveryNumber = string.Empty;
row.TrailerNumber = string.Empty;
e.Cache.Update(row);
}
}

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Naveen B Thank you for the suggestions, however, values continue to not clear on the fieldupdated event.  However, I tried changing Assign combobox to Truck/Pallet mutually exclusive checkboxes and now when I select the Pallet checkbox DeliverNumber and TrailerNumber clear no problem.  Funny thing about this is that the original screen mock-up provided to me showed check boxes and I made the call to use a dropdown.  So, for now, problem solved in a roundabout way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @rjean09  Okay!! Thanks for sharing an update.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved