Solved

The view does not exist error, but it does exist

• 11 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I just added a few fields to a custom page.  The database is correctly updated.  The project compiles and publishes, and WORKS fine.  I verified the ASPX datamembers exist in the graph.  Data is being saved to the fields.  

When I try to edit the screen in the Project Editor, when I click the screen number I get the error shown below.

The fact that the page works and data is saved seems to me like the page is fine.

This is the kind of error that could waste hours trying to resolve.  I think it is something buggy in the project editor.

I looked at the aspx page.  It looks fine too.  

Before I start mucking up my project by removing the screen and re-adding it etc., does anyone know a way to fix this?  This has happened to me in the past and I ended up starting with a brand new project and recreating the screen from scratch.  I’d rather not do that.

Thanks,

Joe

icon

Best answer by Joe Schmucker 11 November 2021, 23:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Well.  I edited the aspx in VS and removed the field, republished.  I was able to edit the page in the project editor.  I added the field back in.  Seems to be working fine now.  

I’m curious if this is a common thing for other developers.  Kind of quirky.

Userlevel 1

I had the same error.

To solve this error, in the Graph class you must have DAC based view declaration like this.

public SelectFrom<DACNameHere>.View someName;

The “someName” must me used in corresponding .aspx file.

<px:PXFormView ID="form" runat="server" DataSourceID="ds" DataMember="someName"

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved