Solved

The logic behind Table INReceiptStatus and INCostStatus

• 24 September 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

I am looking for a table that logs the oldest items in system (which means the receipt date is earliest and qty on hand >0).

I found table INReceiptStatus and INCostStatus might contain the data I want.  But both of them do NOT look totally right.

For example,

For INReceiptStatus it lacks receiptNbr “007658”

While for INCostStatus it lacks more receiptnbr, and even worse, it did not track the right receipt date.

Can someone tell the logic on manipulating the two tables? Or if can point me the right direction for the data I am looking for, that would be even better.

icon

Best answer by mvolshteyn 28 September 2020, 15:56

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

The InCostStatus table contains data with breakdown set by the Valuation Method. In your example, it is Average (ValMethod = ‘A’) which means that it should contain 1 line per stock item and CostSiteId (which is normally a warehouse but can be a warehouse location if location is set to be costed separately). So, here InCostStatus table has really blank data for ReceiptNBr and ReceiptDAte (‘1900-01-01’ and ‘ZZ’ stand for ‘blank’). It is only FIFO valuation method which makes these fields fill in the InCostStatus

Unlike it, INReceiptStatus contains receipt nbd and receipt data for every inventory receipt/return. Basically, these data should be realiable (only exception are inventory adjustments which do not create new InReceiptStatus but  update existing ones by selection of oldest open. So basically, this table should deliver data you request. If you see, it is new correct for some case, special ivestigation is required

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

The InCostStatus table contains data with breakdown set by the Valuation Method. In your example, it is Average (ValMethod = ‘A’) which means that it should contain 1 line per stock item and CostSiteId (which is normally a warehouse but can be a warehouse location if location is set to be costed separately). So, here InCostStatus table has really blank data for ReceiptNBr and ReceiptDAte (‘1900-01-01’ and ‘ZZ’ stand for ‘blank’). It is only FIFO valuation method which makes these fields fill in the InCostStatus

Unlike it, INReceiptStatus contains receipt nbd and receipt data for every inventory receipt/return. Basically, these data should be realiable (only exception are inventory adjustments which do not create new InReceiptStatus but  update existing ones by selection of oldest open. So basically, this table should deliver data you request. If you see, it is new correct for some case, special ivestigation is required

Thank you so much for the detail explanations.
I have 1 more question, for INReceiptStatus , we also have “QtyonHand” field , right?
If the evaluation method set to “Average”, how does the system know the “qtyonhand” for each receipt.
Does inventory is deducted by receipt date FIFO by default?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I have 1 more question, for INReceiptStatus , we also have “QtyonHand” field , right?
If the evaluation method set to “Average”, how does the system know the “qtyonhand” for each receipt.

@mvolshteyn 
sorry to trouble you ,I forgot to set the kind reminder. I hope my quesiton would find you well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@ray20 , exactly.

The InReceiptStatus table is always updated on FIFO basis (or to be more exact, certainly for FIFO, Average and Standard valuation, and probably also for Specific, though the latter needs checking) 

This table is just an auxiliary one, needed only to track remaining quantities for each receipt. It is not used for calculation of COGS according to valuation method, and so there is such degree of freedom

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@ray20, exactly.

The InReceiptStatus table is always updated on FIFO basis (or to be more exact, certainly for FIFO, Average and Standard valuation, and probably also for Specific, though the latter needs checking) 

This table is just an auxiliary one, needed only to track remaining quantities for each receipt. It is not used for calculation of COGS according to valuation method, and so there is such degree of freedom

@mvolshteyn Thank you ,super, you really know things inside out. Fantasitc, thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @mvolshteyn !

Its possible to use INRECEIPTSTATUS to track which receiptNbr was used in a sale of the item? 

Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved