Solved

Non Project Code Validation

• 3 February 2021
  • 2 replies

I am trying to perform validation on the project for screen EP307000.

Under Project Preferences we have defined the non project code as ‘X’.

What I want to achieve is to prevent users from saving their time entry when they have not selected their project, and it defaults on ‘X’.

I would appreciate any help.

icon

Best answer by Cesar Betances 16 February 2021, 19:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

If you are trying to add validation at the moment the user presses the Save button on your screen, you could try to add your validation on Persist() method. You could:

-Create graph extension of that screen’s graph.

-Override Persist() method.

-On this override you will add your validation, and then call base(persist) method, similar to this:

[PXOverride]
public void Persist(Action baseMethod)
{
if( YourValidationFailed) throw new Exception("Fail!"); //Add your validation code

baseMethod(); //Call base method
}

Userlevel 3
Badge

I was able to solve this for Expense Receipts using a customization:

namespace PX.Objects.EP
{
public class ExpenseClaimDetailEntry_Extension : PXGraphExtension<ExpenseClaimDetailEntry>
{
#region Event Handlers

protected virtual void EPExpenseClaimDetails_contractID( Events.FieldVerifying<EPExpenseClaimDetails.contractID> e)
{

if (e != null)
{

if ((int)e.NewValue == 0)
{
throw new PXSetPropertyException("Non-Project Code XXXXXXXX cannot be used in expense reciepts.", PXErrorLevel.RowError);
}
}
}

#endregion
}
}

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved