Solved

Mass Update for Customer Settings

• 18 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Right now all of our current customers are defaulted to ‘Send Invoices by Email’ & ‘Send Statements by Email’.  I believe it was how they imported it.  I need to deselect these options for all but a handful of customers that need to be emailed their invoices.  We have over 16,000 customers so going one by one isn’t really an option. Is there a way I can do a mass update to deselect these options for everyone then I can assign them to the few that needs to be emailed?  Thanks in advance for your help!

icon

Best answer by Dmitrii Naumov 18 January 2022, 23:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I think the best way to do that is to use "mass update" feature of generic inquiries. So then you can select the ones that you want to update and process them

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @TracyVogt 

Adding to previous post, since an import scenario was used to import the data, one may use the import scenario to update the information. 

Keep only Customer Code and the required option columns active on mapping to update existing customers. 

Hope this helps,
Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @TracyVogt  Adding to the previous post, if you wanted to update the above checkboxes (Send Invoices by Email & Send Statements by Email) for all the customers in the system, simply you can go with the Database script update.

Update Customer set MailInvoices=0, SendStatementByEmail=0 where CompanyID=2

Add this script to the customization package and deploy it in the instance.

OR

If you wanted to update these checkboxes NOT for all the customers, in my opinion, the best would be the Import scenario.

In the Import Scenario, you can have only the Customer ID, and these checkboxes as FALSE and run the import scenario for the specific customers.

Hope this helps!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved