Solved

Managing users across multiple tenants

• 24 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Howdy! I figured it might be wise for me to introduce myself before diving into my call for help… I’m a home brewed IT/Developer/Operations Manager that’s responsible for integrations between Acumatica and our internal systems that I’ve built over the years. I’m not a “professional” by any regard though I do great deal of practical experience with coding online applications, PHP, AngularJS, Classic ASP VB, MS SQL, etc. side note, I’m really enjoying and admire how Acumatica’s been built and functions.

moving on…

We’re currently in the process of rolling our Acumatica 2020 R2 for our company through a phased approach and will be utilizing multiple tenants for the purposes of development, training, etc, 5 in total including our live/production tenant. The idea is that we will, periodically, schedule a snapshot of our Live tenant and restore it into the other tenants.

The users will be disabled in some tenants and enabled in other while others will have increased security access into one of them, affectionately called Sandbox. At this very moment we’re keeping things simply by managing the user’s ability to login in or not and nothing more.

I’ve built a small solution within our intranet that pulls a list of users from Live via the API that then allows me to manage the login trait of each user within each tenant, effectively creating a template that I can easily manage.

Side note: the data is very limited, nothing sensitive beyond a user’s login name, and is transmitted over an SSL connection so I don’t think there’s much to be concerned about.

Now comes the call for an assist…

I need to trigger the Actions “DisableLogin” and “EnableLogin” but I can’t seem to find them. Do I need to add them to my already extended endpoint under an Actions ou and if so then how?

Thanks so much for your time ;-)

p.s. I can appreciate that there are several ways to approach this, Import Scenarios and such, but I’ve picked this method to assist me in my efforts in conquering the Acumatica Learning Curve.

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 26 April 2021, 16:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I need to trigger the Actions “DisableLogin” and “EnableLogin” but I can’t seem to find them. Do I need to add them to my already extended endpoint under an Actions ou and if so then how?

Yes, that is correct! From your extended endpoint, select the Actions folder, and click the Insert button:

The Create Action popup will appear; you’ll be able to select the action you need from the dropdown:

This action doesn’t expect any parameters so I think this is all you need to do :)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Oh my goodness! so easy! I always hesitate with that +INSERT button, I don’t know why.

Thanks so much for the nudge. I suspect this works the same as changing the status of an order, like putting a sales order On Hold or Open, etc...

Thanks again ;-)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@jmckinnon I received an e-mail notification with an additional question on the REST payload -- did you somehow figure out the issue yourself and then edited your last reply?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Gabriel Michaud ah nuts… you noticed lol

I did actually figure it out. I realized that the account I was using did not have access to the Disable/Enable Action… it does now and it’s working like a charm!

Thanks again ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yup, the notification came in right away -- at least I’ll know too the next time I have to edit my reply because I figure something out 😂

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved