Solved

Locate custom action (button) on SO line item grid

• 4 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I have followed these instructions to move a custom action to the detail grid of sales order screen.  It works in dev (localhost) but when I import package and publish to client production the button still shows on  top toolbar.  Not sure why.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68996115/add-buttons-to-grid-in-acumatica

If I compare the screen editor:

In dev my action shows up under: 

DataSource: SOOrderEntry/Other

In production after importing package it shows up under:

DataSource: SOOrderEntry/Toolbar/Form-Specific 

and is missing the properties I set and does not show up on Tab/Details/Grid: Transactions/ActionBar-Customizations node

Is this a bug?  2021R1 build 21.108.0032

icon

Best answer by rjean09 14 January 2022, 19:13

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Update: It appears the problem was due to I had made customizations to the SO301000.aspx file on disk earlier when trying to change the button location.  Then later I found instructions on how to do this inside the screen editor.  Apparently, having it in both places is what caused the export/import/publish to somehow lose part of the change.  I reverted the changes to the SO301000.aspx file, republished to target instance and now the button is located above the grid just like in my dev instance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @rjean09  Can you please share the customization by removing all other files by keeping only SOOrder screen. That will help us to review and let you if you miss anything.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Right, nothing was missed as far as I can tell.  All there in dev and working.  After export, import to production and publish the toolbar button is not there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yes @rjean09 . I meant the aspx page. 

Did you try to add the PXToolbarButton code in the customization package using the Edit Aspx option?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @rjean09  Yes, it should be on .aspx page but NOT on the .aspx.cs file.

Since Toolbar button is missed, hence it is not showing on the Production instance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @rjean09  Hope you done the below steps.

• Toolbar button should be added for the specific button at the Grid level in the Customization package.
  •  Make sure Callback command should be Visible =false  <px:PXDSCallbackCommand Name="ActionName" Visible="False"  />

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I assume you mean just the SO301000.aspx code, not the .cs file on disk? if I edit ASPX in customization editor I see this in both dev and production:

<CallbackCommands>
<px:PXDSCallbackCommand DependOnGrid="grid" Visible="false" CommitChanges="true" Name="CopyLastRow" ></px:PXDSCallbackCommand>
</CallbackCommands>

However, what I do NOT see in production that is in the dev code is the PXToolbarButton control within the Details PXTabItem:

<px:PXToolBarButton Text="Copy Current Row">
<AutoCallBack Command="CopyLastRow" Target="ds">
<Behavior CommitChanges="True" ></Behavior>
</AutoCallBack>
</px:PXToolBarButton>

So not sure why this didn’t make the trip in the export/import/publish.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @rjean09 

Did u add the callback command on the Aspx ?

<px:PXDSCallbackCommand Name="ActionName" Visible="false"  DependOnGrid="gridName"  />

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved