Solved

Layout Rules - Merge

• 4 November 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Does anyone know how to add more space between 2 fields in a merge layout rule?  See from the screenshot below the add new button is being cutoff by the status field.  I have tried to adjust many properties but can’t seem to get the order type to overlap with the status field.  Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 5 November 2021, 16:57

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @greglang Below is the sample example to merge the fields (Merging Field and Button)

<px:PXLayoutRule runat="server" Merge="true" />
<px:PXNumberEdit ID="edSelectRecords" runat="server" DataField="SelectRecords" CommitChanges="true" />
<px:PXButton runat="server" ID="btnSelectRecords" CommandSourceID="ds" CommandName="SelectRecords" RenderAsButton="true" />

screenshot for reference.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Naveen B Thanks for the reply.  I think I need to clarify my issue.  In the screenshot I provided I have already taken the Appointment screen and merged the fields I wish to have on the same line.  The issue I’m running into is that I can not seem to get the Edit Pencil to be part of the spacing rules.  What I’m looking is for a way not to have it cutoff by the Status and fit on the same line. 

See the Red Lines around the Order Type in the picture below vs the Green Lines around the SrvOrd #.  I know its a little issue but I just don’t like the unfinished look of it.

Below is my code.

<px:PXLayoutRule runat="server" StartRow="True" StartColumn="True" ControlSize="M" LabelsWidth="XS">
</px:PXLayoutRule>
<px:PXLayoutRule runat="server" ID="CstPXLayoutRule128" Merge="True" />
<px:PXSelector LabelText="Order Type:" LabelID="Labelx1" Size="XS" AutoAdjustColumns="True" DisplayMode="Value" ID="edSrvOrdType" runat="server"
DataField="SrvOrdType" DataSourceID="ds"
AllowEdit="True">
</px:PXSelector>
<px:PXDropDown AllowEdit="True" Size="S" SuppressLabel="True" BorderStyle="None" BorderWidth="10px" ID="edStatus" runat="server" DataField="Status" Enabled="True">
</px:PXDropDown>
<px:PXLayoutRule runat="server" ID="CstLayoutRule127" />

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @greglang  Thanks for clarifying.

This issue you can fix by changing the below properties, remaining everything is looks good to me.

LabelsWidth="XS"  →  LayoutRule   

Size="XS" → PXSelector

Size =”S” → PXDropdown

better remove above properties and check, if it is not working add one by one and verify.   

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for trying but it didn’t seem to help…  here is a screenshot after removing the three sizes above. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@greglang  Oh Ok.

It might be an issue with Pencil button, can you please remove AllowEdit = True and check.

If you need Pencil button, then you might need to apply the style to move right field little bit.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes that does fix it but I don’t understand how to keep the pencil and just apply the style to move right the next field a bit.  Could you give me an example of the code? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @greglang  Here is the sample example for your reference. Add this style attribute to “Status” field

style="margin-left: 10px;"  

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks Naveen!  super simple and it fixed my issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hey @greglang Great 🙂 Thanks for sharing the update.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved