Solved

Is there a way to disable SO entering of credit terms failed customers without coding

• 8 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

I am looking for a way to disable SO entering just for customers which are past due or over credit limits. Currently, the system can put SO on credit hold after the solines have been placed. I am looking for a way to stop the soline entering just after customer has been chosen.

I am poor of coding, so is there a way to do it without coding. I am thinking of approval workflow and I will try that. If someone could give me a better/easier way to do that, I will be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by vkumar 8 October 2020, 05:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Ray, 

You can achieve this by placing the Customers on ‘Credit Hold’. Acumatica restricts SO creation for customers on ‘Credit Hold’.

There is also an existing feature request on our ‘Product Idea’ page, requesting further flexibility in creating documents for Customers on ‘Credit Hold’. Here is the link for that request :

https://community.acumatica.com/ideas/customer-credit-holds-extra-flexibility-2477

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi Ray, 

You can achieve this by placing the Customers on ‘Credit Hold’. Acumatica restricts SO creation for customers on ‘Credit Hold’.

There is also an existing feature request on our ‘Product Idea’ page, requesting further flexibility in creating documents for Customers on ‘Credit Hold’. Here is the link for that request :

https://community.acumatica.com/ideas/customer-credit-holds-extra-flexibility-2477

Hope this helps,

Regards,

@vkumar 
Yes, put customer on credit hold can almost solve this need .
The only downside of it I can see, is the customer would not be shown in the customer drop down list in SO screen, that would make the sales people confused in some way.

The better way I am thinking of, is that the sales people can search this customer out, but he could not place orders for this customer.

And also, I like all the requesting further flexibility. That would be quite helpful.

Thank you.

hello @vkumar ,

I try to open the discussion forum on the link they share, to have more flexibility when it is a client with credit retention but it tells me that it is blocked, that I must request access, do you know how to request this access and can you see the information?

Thank you for your attention and I remain attentive, greetings.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jcesar - Ideas and KBs are open to active customers and partners. Your account shows as registered guest. In order to view these areas you need to have your business account owner add you with the proper role and access. 

hI @Chris Hackett thank you very much for the information, I'll check it out.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved