Question

Is it possible to use a UDF in navigation parameters when creating an action in a customization?

• 31 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’m working on creating an action from the case screen to sales order screen. Action would Create Sales Order. On the sales order, I have a UDF that I would like to pass the case ID into with the navigation parameters. I’m not seeing my UDF in the parameter options. Is there a step needed to have it show there or is passing information to a UDF through the action not possible? Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @sd79! The options in the field update section appear to only allow for updates on the case screen. My UDF is on the sales order screen, and I want it to grab the case ID and populate the case ID UDF on the sales order when creating the sales order from the case. Is there a setting to expose the UDF on the navigation parameters section I’m missing?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Please use the “Field Update” tab to pass the UDF value from Cases Screen to SO screen.

There you can see your UDF.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved