Solved

I need print the Sales Order/Quote report within the Sales Orders screen in mobile app

• 30 November 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi!

I’ve trying to deploy the ability to print the SalesOrder/Quote report in the Mobile App. I follow the code described in this article Acumatica but nothing happens. The PrintSalesOrder/Quote action doesn’t appear in the container “Order Summary”. I was able to add the report screen in the main menu but i want to have the redirect within a specific Sales Order record.

Anybody know what is missing?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by rodrigocid34 16 December 2021, 21:16

View original

9 replies

Hi,

I followed the tutorial long time ago as you mentioned in the link and it works perfect. We can get the report from the sales order transaction.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

I followed the tutorial long time ago as you mentioned in the link and it works perfect. We can get the report from the sales order transaction.

Hi @carloszambrano52 , sorry about the delay in answering back. You’re saying that in your app, within the Sales Order screen, within the Order Summary container, appears an action called “Print/Quote...” and when you select it, the report is displayed? Could you send me a screenshot of how does it look like, please?

I write again the same code you sent me in the image above and it doesn’t appear any action in the container summary.

Thanks!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi,

Please make sure of the following:

1. The action that you want to map in mobile app is visible in the Web screen.
  2. Fetch the proper action name from the WSDL Schema of that screen. See more details here: https://help-2021r2.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=53dc4043-f69c-42f7-a235-384fb0629fa3

After step 1 & 2, then update the screen and the action with proper name

update screen SO301000 
{
update container "OrderSummary" {
#containerActionsToExpand = 3(If needed)
add recordAction "TheProperNameFromWSDL" {
redirect = True
}
}
}

Observation:

If your screen has containerActionsToExpand in the msdl code then you may want to increase that number as well since you are adding a new Action to that mobile screen.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Cesar Betances, thanks to your comments, I reviewed the use of ContainerActionstoExpand in this page https://help-2021r2.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=471a1a6d-d88e-48ea-b5e6-45512ccfb1b8 and I found that the #listActionsToExpand = 3 command is better to give an “extra” space to the container for new actions.

The code that worked is:

update screen SO301000 {
  update container "OrderSummary"  {
    listActionsToExpand = 3
    add recordAction "PrintSalesOrderReport" {
          redirect = True

}
  }
}

Thank you all!

Userlevel 3
Badge

How do you know when you need to use listActionsToExpand.  Doesn’t the screen menu just expand to accommodate another action?

Userlevel 4
Badge

How do you know when you need to use listActionsToExpand.  Doesn’t the screen menu just expand to accommodate another action?

No, it’s my understanding that actions are predefined and if you need more, you need to make more space first. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

From the mobile app, when you go to print the Sales Order. Select the newly visible function to print the sales order. Does the print render on the mobile device, like in the Web interface, or does it just execute?

Very helpful discussion. 

Matt

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes it does render on the mobile app.  Make sure you add any report to the menu first so it has somewhere to redirect.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks @dgross   With the changes outlined it did render on the app.  But how do i print it.  The action keys at the top of the pdf do no show Print  Send or Export.   Did I miss something. Here is the image.

Any help is appreciated. 

I posted my customization, so that as a community we grab it and/or improve it.

Mobile App - 22R2 - Purchase Order - Pending Print | Community (acumatica.com)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved