Solved

How to display images in the Sales Order Line Item Grid from an external CDN URL

• 25 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Currently, we are displaying imagery in the SO Line items from image files that are uploaded into Acumatica. However, this is causing a great deal of performance issues and we are trying to figure out how to instead load these images from an external CDN HTTPS URL so that we can avoid all Acumatica related calls and server processing to display these images. In this scenario, we would be calling an AWS Cloudfront CDN URL that is completely separate from the Acumatica server.

Does anyone have any advise as to how to best handle?

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 25 October 2021, 17:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @ckwiat46 Please find the below link providing the details to add an image to the so line.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50029264/acumatica-adding-image-in-sales-order-line

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

hi @ChandrasekharM - thank you for the reply. I should have mentioned that we not only saw this post, but have implemented similar (if not the same) code a few years back.

What we are specifically asking about in this topic is how to bring in images over an external cdn url and NOT from files that live within acumatica/acumatica server, etc…

Unless I’m missing something, i don’t think that the stackoverflow post addresses this use case.

And just to be clear, we know how we would generate the CDN URL, we just don’t know how to implement the image cdn url pull into the grid. If this were normal html/web markup, it would be relatively straightforward. Hope this helps clarify.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Wouldn’t you just be able to use the CDN URL instead of the Acumatica file URL? In the stack overflow post the URL is an Acumatica one but I don’t believe it has to be.

The UI component just boils down to an img html element with the src set to whatever URL you provide it and as such should work with non Acumatica URLs assuming they a properly accessible. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@markusray17 @ChandrasekharM 

just to close the loop on this, you both were correct. We are able to call in external urls as per the direction provided. Thank you. Much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@markusray17  Thanks for the update.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved