Solved

How to create a new group on an existing tab?

• 28 January 2022
  • 13 replies

We are trying to add a group at the end of the Summary tab on the Projects screen.  We create the new group by adding a new group from the controls box.  When we add the data field to the group and try to publish it, we get a Validation Error.  Is this the correct process to accomplish this?

icon

Best answer by Django 1 February 2022, 21:41

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It sounds correct - what does the error message say?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ddunn Can you please provide more details about the issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Naveen B, I’d love to, but I’m not the OP. @krogowski is. :slight_smile:

Here is the error I am getting when I try to publish:

Compiled projects: ProjectMasterDetails,ARInvoiceMemos,PQScopeTab,CustomerPONbr,AcumaticaBankFeeds2020R12021R1v2020.1.1.0
Conflict control ID:phG_tab_Items#0 from page ~/pages/pm/pm301000.aspx

Validation failed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So I’m guessing that there is another tab on that page with that name already coming from another customization. Change the default name that your tab is being given to something related to your company name so that it stands out and so that it is unique.

If you click on View Aspx when you’re editing the form you should see that your tab has that name.  The Edit ASPX button will allow you to manually adjust the name of your tab to something else. 

Export your project first, for a backup.

I am just adding a new group to the existing tab.  I did make sure the group was named something different.  I think my issue is when I am trying to add a date field to the new group.  I am still getting the “yellow exclamation” icon next to the new field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What happens if you add the group, publish and then try to add the field?

Can you post the existing ASPX?

I started all over, created a new customization.  Just created the new group.  I get the same error.

Publish Customization

Compiled projects: ProjectDetails,ARInvoiceMemos,PQScopeTab,CustomerPONbr,AcumaticaBankFeeds2020R12021R1v2020.1.1.0
Conflict control ID:phG_tab_Items#0 from page ~/pages/pm/pm301000.aspx

Validation failed.

Below is the ASPX field:

<px:PXLayoutRule runat="server" ID="CstPXLayoutRule1" StartGroup="True" GroupCaption="Field Service Reports" />

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sorry @ddunn it was a typo on the top. 

@krogowski  I don’t think ID is required for <px:PXLayoutRule>, please remove and publish.

Not sure what the problem is with what we are trying to do.  But it doesn’t like it.  Still getting the error after I edited the ASPX.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just to confirm - do you have any other customizations installed that affect that same screen?

We do have one where we added a customer PO number as a data field.  Will I have to build this new group onto that Customized Project?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You shouldn’t have to but there is a naming conflict between the two customizations.  Putting them together into one would be a cleaner solution.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved