Solved

How to add a red flag error to an incorrect date.

• 26 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

So apparently my client has had more than 1 issue with his employees imputing the wrong date in a field. Like 2120 instead of 2021. How can I create a customization that red flags this and doesn’t allow a save. Something like if date doesn’t equal 2021 -2022, red flag. I think I’d like to implement this system wide to any date field, thoughts? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 25 November 2021, 14:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @mylescarroll22 , To hard stop the user, you can have a logic in field verifying/persisting event.

Here is the sample code for your reference.

if (Condition)  // add the required condition here
{
sender.RaiseExceptionHandling<SOOrder.orderDate>(doc, null, new PXSetPropertyException(ErrorMessages.IncorrectDateProvided));
}

Userlevel 1

Thanks Chandra, We’ve already made that suggestion, but it’s happened since, and I don’t think we’re going to teach this user a new trick. I think the modification should be easy, as the system already yellow flags the problem, I’d just like to change it from a yellow flag to a hard stop.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @mylescarroll22 , It is better to advise the users to use a Date selector instead of keying.

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved