Solved

How do you clean a database of all previous customizations?

• 18 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I have a very complex development database for testing a customization.  In order to test my customization, I need multiple tenants with specific settings, logins etc.  It takes hours to get a new instance setup completely to test.

When I unpublish a customization and delete it, it appears there is still “junk” in the database that is keeping information which is causing problems.

Example:  I unpublish, delete the project, create a new one and whe I go to add a custom page.  The title doesn’t show up.  Or, it shows the previous screens which were deleted.

I have to create a new screen ID (such as IC.10.10.01) in order for it to show the Title.  I cannot find any way to add the title to this screen.  

Also, I can tell the database is got “junk” in it because it still shows previous site map items and screens.  These two screens are not in my project or in the web site but they show up in the lookup screen:

Note, I am working with a completely clean installation of the web site.  The site itself has no references to the previous published project.

What are the tables in the database that I can purge to completely get rid of a previous customization?  It HAS to be driven by the database somewhere.

icon

Best answer by Hughes Beausejour 18 February 2021, 19:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

It sounds like some minor site map entry corruption has been going on. This can happen when you manually delete and create site map pages.

In those cases the solution is to:

1. Manually delete the site map pages if necessary using the Site Map screen SM200520. You want to use Acumatica pages for deletion operation. Deleting records directly in database can lead to further corruption.

2. Re-create the site map item by republishing the customization with clean-up option which re-executes all the database scripts that creates the site map entry (assuming the customization properly packages the site map items in site map section).

Reference: https://help-2020r2.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=4ee2a834-c0df-4112-8417-b139d927a3fa

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Wow.  I had a TON of invalid site map entries!  Once I deleted them, I could add the page and the title “stuck”.

Thanks!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

You’re welcome. This is only minor corruption, there should be no further issue if you delete and re-create the site map entries (either re-create manually or by re-publishing customization with clean-up option).

To manage your data deployment tasks you can look into Acumatica Company Snapshot or SQL Server/MSSQL database backups.

Check this article which explains how you can deploy large company snapshots directly from Acumatica ERP Configuration wizard when you deploy new websites:
https://asiablog.acumatica.com/2017/12/restore-large-snapshot.html

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved