Solved

Helping adding customer selector to projects

• 27 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m trying to add a customer selector to the Projects screen (PM301000).

I added custom field called UsrLocationCustomerId that is of type int.  

On the Add Data Fields tab of the Screen Editor it says that the Control is Selector but on the screen it shows as a Number Edit.  

I’m not sure what I did wrong or how to change it.  I’m on 2021 R1.  Attached is the customization project.

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 28 August 2021, 05:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @vpoulson,

I have modified your code and I can able to load the customers properly. Please find the attached screenshot and package.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Naveen B thanks for fixing that for me.  I’m still trying to learn how to do customizations in Acumatica.  

I want to figure out how you solved this incase I need to do it again in the future.  In a different instance I’ve added a new field for customer Id and then set the extension code to be the same as yours but on the screen it is still showing as a number edit.  In the customization project it says the control type is a Segment Mask.  I’m confused on what needs to be changed to get it to be a customer lookup instead of a number edit.

​​​​​​

Let me know if you need more information.  I appreciate your help with this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @vpoulson  For this one, you have given the “NumberEdit” control in the .aspx page, instead of “Selector” control, hence control is showing with “0” value with Numberedit control.

Since, you are new to the Acumatica, I would highly recommend you to go through Acumatica certification i.e. “Application Developer”, where you can learn the basic knowledge of implementing customizations.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @Naveen B .  I’m working on going through the training where I did add a selector control and wanted to try it out for out system since it is one of the requirements we have.  Thanks again for your help.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved