Solved

Getting Error in System Emails Accounts screen

• 30 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I have configured properly with my Gmail account details in the System Emails Accounts screen and it is NOT working . The same details I have configured in other instance of same version observed it is working fine.

Also verified by unpublishing the package still NOT working getting the same error. Please find the screenshots for reference. Can you please provide your thoughts on this?

icon

Best answer by Ali Jani 30 September 2020, 18:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Might be related to connection being closed elsewhere by other processes or reasons.  Maybe you have clustered configuration or parallel processing on?  are there any scheduled processes running?  are ther multiple instances running on the same app pool? etc..

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Ali Jani,

Thanks for the reply. Please find the details below.

• Maybe you have clustered configuration or parallel processing on - NO (Newly created instance and unpublished packages in the instance)
  • Are there any scheduled processes running? - NO (None of the screens are scheduled in the instance) 
  • Are there multiple instances running on the same app pool?  - YES (Multiple sites are running on the same pool i.e. Default Pool) - If this is the reason for NOT working the emails part, could you please advise for any fix. 
Userlevel 4
Badge

Somehow the network socket is getting closed prematurely.  Are you sure you have set outgoing server to TLS and port 587 and not port 25? Perhaps connection is being closed form mail server side.

If you are sure you have setting setup right and they are exact same with TLS on both instances and one works and the other does not,  try restarting IIS and assigning an perhaps assigning a separate app pool to the instance having the issue.  If this does not fix it, then some other other underlying network/security configuration trouble shooting probably needed.  

Also try another mail client on the server to make sure Mail works from another client.  see https://www.neroblanco.co.uk/2015/05/sending-tls-mail-to-exchange-from-the-command-line/ for example on how to use command line to test.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Ali Jani, 

Thanks a lot for providing the inputs. 

Sure, I will try with the other mail client as suggested and verify this.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

As a note, my Gmail account will also fail if I have the option unchecked for “My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication” on the advanced settings tab (image 1). When I checkmark this option, my Gmail account no longer shows mail send errors and is successful during testing.
That is the only visual difference I can see between my working Gmail account and your non working account. 

Also Gmail regularly checks and turns off the “Allow Less Secure Apps” option in their security settings now, might be a good idea to also double check that as well. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved