Solved

Getting default DAC and Primary View

• 28 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I am trying to get the default DAC and its primary view from the Type. Any suggestions?

I have Type defined as below

and I have field as below values

icon

Best answer by Hughes Beausejour 28 June 2021, 21:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Krunal,

Try PXGraph.PrimaryItemType, PXGraph.PrimaryView properties and PXView.GetItemType method:

Example:
var graphPrimaryCache = graph.Caches[graph.PrimaryItemType];
var grapPrimaryView = graph.Views[graph.PrimaryView];
var graphPrimaryViewCache = graph.Caches[graph.Views[graph.PrimaryView].GetItemType()];

Userlevel 1

Thanks Hughes.

I can try that but my graph is of Type (screenshot 1). Can I convert graph of Type into its base or original type? I have even tried using PXGraph.CreateInstance but looks like that wouldn’t help either.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Does this work?
Type graphType = typeof(PX.Objects.SO.SOOrderEntry);
var graph = PXGraph.CreateInstance(graphType);

Userlevel 1

Hi Hughes,

CreateInstance does not help in this case as I am writing the method which is actually a part of CreateInstance at some point which leads to infinite loop.

However, I did found the parentcode where I can directly call graph.PrimaryItemType and it helped.

Thank you for your help.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved