Solved

Getting a red X not a yellow exclamation for a warning

• 26 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I am not a good programmer so please feel free to tell me all the things I could do better…  :-)

I am working in 2021R1.

I have a field that I am validating to make sure that it does not exceed a total amount on the header record.  

My screen is functioning properly, but I should be getting a warning indicator, not an error.

My RaiseExceptionHandling is set at the Warning level BUT, I get a red X on the screen.  What am I doing wrong here?

protected virtual void _(Events.FieldVerifying<GRGrantsCustomers, GRGrantsCustomers.allocatedAmount> e)
        {
            GRGrantsCustomers row = e.Row;
            GRGrants grant = Grant.Current;
            decimal? newValue = (decimal)e.Args.NewValue;
            decimal? total = 0;

foreach (GRGrantsCustomers item in Customers.Select())
            {
                total += item.AllocatedAmount;
            }

if (total - row.AllocatedAmount + newValue > grant.GrantAmount)
            {
                decimal balanceBeforeThisLine = grant.GrantAmount - total + row.AllocatedAmount ?? 0;
                string balanceAvailable = balanceBeforeThisLine.ToString("0.##");

e.Cache.RaiseExceptionHandling<GRGrantsCustomers.allocatedAmount>(row,
                    balanceBeforeThisLine,
                    new PXSetPropertyException(Messages.AllocatedTooMuch, balanceAvailable, PXErrorLevel.Warning));

e.NewValue = balanceBeforeThisLine;
            }
        }
This is what the screen looks like when I enter 600 in the second line.  It correctly sets it to 500, but it I want a yellow warning! 

icon

Best answer by Hughes Beausejour 26 April 2021, 19:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Try moving the warning to RowSelected event and replace PXSetPropertyException with SetWarning method:
protected virtual void _(Events.RowSelected<GRGrantsCustomers> e)
{
    PXUIFieldAttribute.SetWarning<GRGrantsCustomers.allocatedAmount>(e.Cache, e.Row, Messages.AllocatedTooMuch);
}

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hughes Beausejour, AWESOME!  Thank you for the quick assistance!

That worked perfectly.  I left this in the FieldVerifying event handler so I could change the amount of the field before the row was updated, but your code did the trick in my event.  I was trying to use the same methodology as in the T190 course but this is a much simpler statement too.  

I’m a lone ranger (just me here) and I wouldn’t know what to do if it wasn’t for people like you and Naveen in this forum.  You guys are life savers.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved