Solved

Generic Inquiries in Customization Project and Screen IDs

• 8 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

What are some of the best practices regarding packing of generic inquiries in customization projects? Acumatica defaults the screen ID to GI.00.XX.XX, and if you try to publish a project with conflicting screen IDs it fails. I know we can change the screen ID ourselves, but I’ve seen issues in the past where this would completely break the automatic numbering when a user tries to add a new generic inquiry to the site map.

icon

Best answer by dang.huynh 11 January 2021, 07:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi @Gabriel Michaud normally I will create separated customization project for GI and put a unique screen ID with specified prefix then I will manage the track changes for that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks @dang.huynh -- this is what I ended up doing and it works well.

Userlevel 3
Badge

in 2002R2 you can use the CHANGE SCREEN ID button to give the GI a meaningful name. This will update the site map.  Use the same prefix or all of them to make it easy to find them.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved