Solved

Feasibility request to add new line typology in SOShipLine

• 2 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello,

I want to check the faisability of adding a new line typology in SOShipLine.

For exemple, i want to add a TEXT typology in SOShipLine (without quantity, without price, without accounting imputation, without Business….) Just TEXT. Also I want to add different typology in the same table and keep the existing process of Line of shipment.

Best regards.

icon

Best answer by Hughes Beausejour 5 April 2021, 16:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You could create a non-stock item called TEXT and then modify the invoice report to format those rows differently. Then you don’t need to worry about any customizations.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

It is not possible to have different column configurations per row like this:

Because the columns definitions applies to all rows. If the data is to be persisted to the same table SOShipLine, it will need to pass all fields validation or validations need to be removed. Any code that reads the SOShipLine records in that view will treat the lines as regular shipment items unless you change that too. It would make more sense to use dummy items as was suggested by user ddunn. Preferably the data should be displayed elsewhere if it’s not a shipment item. A second grid could be added below for example.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved