Solved

Error when adding a custom field

• 23 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am working on a custom project.  I created a custom field using the “NameValuePair” storage type and added to the Customer data entry screen.  I initially published the customization and wasn’t sure it was what I wanted, so I removed it from the project.  I later realized that it is what i wanted, so I went to add it back in. However, I now get an error message and I cannot get past it.  I also get an error when I try and open that screen in my project.  The error is: “An item with the same key has already been added.  The customization project must be published before the screen can be edited.”  I have published it without error and I still cannot edit the screen anymore.  I have to revert back to a VMWare snapshot to recover.

Where does this this data get saved in the DB?  Is there a table I need to access and manually clear out?

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 23 July 2021, 20:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @PRapnikas Since it is a Customers screen I’m assuming that you have been added to the BAccount OR Customer table.
Can you please check these both and if found you can delete the data/field.

Hi, the reason for the error is that there is a control with the same ID on the Customized page. 

Existing field on the page:

<px:PXCheckBox runat="server" ID="CstPXCheckBox1" DataField="ExportToExternal" />

The newly added field:

<px:PXCheckBox runat="server" ID="CstPXCheckBox1" DataField="UsrRepairItem" />

I changed the ID of the newly added field on the customized page under the CstDesigner and CstPublished folders as follows:

<px:PXCheckBox runat="server" ID="UsrRepairItemPXCheckBox1" DataField="UsrRepairItem" />

Source: https://stackoverflow.com/a/67507459/305948

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved