Customizing an existing screen to add a new tab

• 28 January 2021
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi All!

I have been trying to figure out how to customize an existing screen to add a tab in the stock item that is the same set up as cross reference tab, but for customer forecasting. I also would need to be able to have a user input field so we can manually input/update/change the customers forecast for that part. Then we would be able to run a report of actual vs. forecast for each item by customer. Any help or input is greatly appreciated, and any other ideas as to how to accomplish this is welcomed as well. Thanks!!

21 replies

Sounds like this would need to be done as a customization project.  Are you using MRP and Forecasting though?  With those modules the customization may not be needed.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

What do you mean by MRP? 

We do not use the the demand forecast module as it does not provide accurate enough info. 

I need it to work just like the cross references do but I need to be able to choose multiple customers per inventory item and then be able to enter a qty (their average monthly forecast amount) that changes based on customer usage. 

I hope that makes sense.  🤔

:) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @stacy16 

I have added a new Tab in Stock Items screen and added related files to package and attached here.

Please find the screenshot for reference.

Hope this helps!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Naveen!

I was hoping to be able to add another tab on the Stock Items screen to look like the cross reference tab below

But the fields i would need would be Customer location (searchable), Forecast (text field) Previous Forecast (text field), and Last Fore cast Date (Date).

Does that make sense? i may not be explaining it very well. :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Stacy,

I have created new tab with grid in Stock Items screen and please find the attached latest package.

Hope this helps you!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

This is exactly what I was looking for! 

Thank you sooooo much! 

Do i just download the XML to the customization screen then?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

You are the best!

Thank you soo soo soo much!

It works perfect!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yeah.. you can download the attached package and deploy it in your Acumatica instance and verify.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

One more question - How do i change the name of the tab to Customer Forecast?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can change the Tab name in Stock Items screen (in202500) .aspx page level.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thank you! :)

Also, i doing a generic inquiry against this new tab and it will not pull the inventory ID. Any suggestions on how to make that happen?

I tried relating the InventoryItem to the StockItemScreenTab.TestTable but it doesn't like that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Stacy,

You can import the attached XML Generic Inquiry file into your instance and verify.

Hope this helps you!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

That did it :)

Thanks again!

I am still having trouble finding where at in the .aspx page level to change the name of the tab at. :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Stacy, Please open customization project, which I shared and click on the Stock Items screen and follow the steps, highlighted in screenshot for your reference.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thank you! :)

You are seriously a life saver!

I cant thank you enough! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks a lot for the verifying and confirmation. :relaxed:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Absolutely!

:thumbsup:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

So sorry! But one more thing… how can i add 1 more column that shows the Location ID Description?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Naveen Boga Thanks for posting this… I was able to adapt/modify it for a different project I’m working on.  Much appreciated.

Two questions though:

1. Since the LineNbr column is auto-numbered at the database level, you could have stock item A with line numbers 1, 3, 4 and stock item B with line numbers 2, 5, 6, etc..  Is this a potential issue?  I’m thinking no because the key is actually including the inventoryID (and company ID behind the scenes).  Since we’re not trying to display the actual LineNbr in your example it shouldn’t matter.. but what if we were?  How would we set that up where the line numbers would be unique within the given stock item?
  1. It appears that all the CreatedByID/ModifiedByID fields are inheriting/defaulting from the parent record.. how am I able to have the entries use the username for the currently logged in user? (It does appear that the time entries ARE being updated correctly)

Thanks in advance!

Hi Stacy,

I have created new tab with grid in Stock Items screen and please find the attached latest package.

Hope this helps you!!

Hi, good day! Can you show us how to do this? Thank you and hope to hear your positive response. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@elcaz  you can find the package attached in the same comment of Naveen’s. Publish that in your instance and check the code. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved