Solved

Creating and printing multiple sales orders at one time

• 22 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

Trying to figure out a solution to create shipments on multiple sales orders and print them all at once vs. going into each sales order individually and creating the shipment then using quick process. Ideas?

icon

Best answer by Kimberly 23 April 2021, 02:09

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Michelle,

In the Sales Orders workspace, under Processes, you will find two screens:

• The Process Orders screen where you can create shipments in bulk for selected Sales Orders
  • The Process Shipments screen where you can print Pick Lists and/or Shipment Confirmations in bulk for selected Shipments.

In both screens, clicking the drop-down in the Action field will show your options for actions to take on that screen for the records you select.

Cheers,

Kimberly

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You might also want to look enabling Device Hub if you want to support unattended printing of pick lists to a printer in your warehouse. This way you can schedule creation of shipments *and* printing.

There’s a video on YouTube that @Doug Johnson recorded a while back -- a few things have changed since then but this is a good introduction: 

Badge

How can I create the shipment and take the shipment off hold once printed without taking it off hold manually?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m afraid I am not following your workflow. Are you referring to taking the Sales Order off hold (Shipments do not have an ‘On Hold’ status)? Or are you talking about Confirming Shipment?

Badge

Yes, taking it off of hold to confirm the shipment. When I create a shipment from the process orders screen, then i print the pick list from the process shipments screen it then leaves the shipment on hold before confirming the shipment. see attached screen shot. Is there a way I can take the shipment off of “hold” once the pick list has been printed?

Userlevel 1
Badge

My apologies, Michelle. I had forgotten that holding shipments upon entry was even an option.

If it is necessary for your circumstance to have shipments created in the on hold status, the shipment records could be taken off hold en masse with an import scenario.... I do not know whether there is a quicker or smoother way. I would be interested in hearing from someone who has more experience with the new workflow engine to learn whether that could be a potential solution.

If it is not truly necessary for your shipments to be created with the on hold status, you can uncheck that setting in sales orders preferences. Shipments would then be created with the open status.

Badge

@Kimberly thank you for all of your help! This has definitely improved our work flow tremendously!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved