Solved

Can the "Expiration Date" on PO receipt Line be enabled without lot tracking?

• 23 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

we’d like to note down some item’s expiration data, and that is optional.

And we don’t like to enforce the lot tracking. Just like to note down some information.

On customization screen, I did not find a way to enable it.

I know how to add a customized field at line level.

However, can I ask if it is possible or allowed that I simpily make the “expiration date” field enable? is there a way to do it?

Becausing the customized filed would have the same business meaning with the original “expiration date” field, so I don’t want to add duplicated field unless it is a must.

icon

Best answer by Irina 14 February 2021, 16:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @ray20, sorry for the late response.

Better create a separate field if you simply want to have an additional field and being able to enter it manually. The Expiration Date field participating in a lot of places in the application code, and there is no way to disable this logic.

If the customer uses lot tracking, he can update the Expiration Date value via an Inventory Adjustment.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved