Solved

Bill & Adjustments Making Owner a Required Field

• 10 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, I’m attempting to mark the “Owner” field from the Financial Details > Assigned To, on the Bill and Adjustments screen in Accounts Payables required. I’ve created a customization project and tried a few different methods without any luck so far.

First just a simple customization to set the “Required” property to True.

Unfortunately I can still save and remove hold without the system flagging the issue. Also not getting a red asterisk next to the field. 

Next I added the owner field just underneath vendor as a new field. Set to true and still no luck. Lastly added the field to the “Fields” section in the tree for the customized screen but had no affect. 

Guessing I’m missing a step, but not turning up to much in my google searches. Anyone have any ideas what I’ve missed? 

Thanks - Adam

icon

Best answer by markusray17 10 November 2021, 19:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

The Required property should show the red asterisk but it won’t prevent saving or enforce the need for a value, here’s a stack overflow post that goes into pretty deep detail:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47933636/how-do-you-mark-a-field-as-required-in-acumatica

You are likely looking at adding the PXDefault attribute during the cache attached event to the field with the PersistingCheck option that matches your needs.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

PXDefault is already applied for that field as out of box feature. I believe there could be some other attribute restricting it to show the asterisk symbol. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks gang, the link Mark provided led me to additional articles from the official guide that got me there in the end. Aside from setting the field “Required” to true, modified the data access class, and overrode the attribute for the field. Red asterisk showed up and added a new condition so user can’t remove hold until the owner field is set. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved