Solved

Method for opening links in mobile app instead of browser

• 19 September 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Some online services like Facebook and Amazon give users a choice, when clicking on their URLs contained within emails, of navigating to the pages in a browser or choosing to view them in their mobile app.

Is there a way to accomplish this with Acumatica?  We've configured notifications containing URLs providing quick and easy access to forms in Acumatica.  For example, an email notifying someone that a subcontract awaits their approval contains a link to the subcontract in Acumatica.  We would prefer, when a user clicks on such a link in an email on their mobile device, to be given the option to open it in the Acumatica app instead of the browser.

icon

Best answer by hsarjapur 19 September 2021, 16:48

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Open Links in Mobile App Rather than Web App - Deep Link | Community (acumatica.com)

Userlevel 2
Badge

@leif Please you post a link to your new question here.  I wish to follow it in case I need to revisit this need.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I will post a new question, thanks 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Leif The client for whom I submitted this question decided to not pursue it, so I didn’t attempt hsarjapur’s suggestion.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

My team asks for this feature once a month, does anyone have knowledge on how to make this work? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Does this work? If so how do you determine the URL for the different screens?

Hi @hsarjapur ,
Were you able to use deep-link with Acumatica´s mobile app? 
We have the same request and seems we cannot accomplish it as it requires to modify the application

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @hsarjapur, we’ll take a look at this method.

Userlevel 4
Badge

You can call any app (if installed on the mobile device) by using a deep-link concept which calls the app from a website page and the deep link handles to invoke the app if not redirects to app store to download the app. You have to find out if the deep link URI for Acumatica app and test it out… 

There are few other nuances to think about as to how it reacts if its android Vs iOS etc.

Hope this helps. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved