Solved

Construction Customer Prepayment

• 24 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

How can I link AR Prepayment to a project in the beginning of the project without making invoice first?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 24 November 2022, 11:46

View original

5 replies

Badge +16

Hello @nancyyymagdy01297 

On the Financial tab of Prepayment in Payments & Applications screen, in the Link to GL section, select a Project & task.

Badge +16

Hello Jean,

Thank you for the detailed results.  Your point is already created as an idea : has everyone voted?

Userlevel 2

In version 22.203.0043, even though you note the project on a prepayment or payment, the resulting journal entry does not pick up the project and project task; therefore, the prepayment does not show on the project - even when the customer deposit liability account is in a project account group. That translates to the Prepayment’s balance not be able to be tracked on the project.  That’s very frustrating! I’ve created a partial workaround where I create a new journal entry that uses the customer deposit account for both the debit and the credit.  The amount of the deposit is debited from Project X and credited to the project ID. Then it shows on the project.  However, to decrease what shows on the project, I had to create an allocation rule.  It will not decrease by applying the Prepayment to an Invoice for the same reason that it wouldn’t show on the project to begin with - the journal entry uses Project X vs. the project recorded on the Financial tab of the prepayment.

Userlevel 1

Hello Laura

You helped me a lot.

Thank you.

Badge +16

Hello @nancyyymagdy01297 ,

Have I answered your question?  Or do you need more help?

Thank you.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved