Solved

Construction Cost Budget Tab

• 31 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We have a client on 2022 R2 that has the Construction module. Under Projects in the Cost Budget, users are able to delete a line item that has amounts reflected under the Actual Amount Column and Save without any warning messages. Is this a known issue or possible bug? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Frances 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 31 May 2023, 15:12

View original

3 replies

Badge +16

Hello @fpantelidakis65 ,

I did a test in 2023 R1 beta, and was able to delete Project Cost Budget lines from projects, when the project has a non-zero Actual Amount posted to the line. I saw no warning, no error.

I was able to add the line back and then recalculate the project balance, and the recalculation does pick up the previous transactions and correct the deleted Actual Amount. However, this is not ideal.

I agree with you, it seems too easy to mess up project budgets and the actual project balances in all screens & reports by inadvertently removing lines from the project budget tabs (Revenue Budget tab exhibits the same behavior).

Of course we can add custom roles to block delete rights to the budget tabs.  We can lock budget from (...) actions of Project screen… but I think a warning is needed and  would likely be a simple improvement to the screen.

Idea was already rejected by Acumatica:

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@fpantelidakis65  I agree with Laura and you can lock the budget, also recalculate project balances will bring back all actual figures, change orders and commitments.  Thanks for the comment and i will discuss with the team.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

Thanks Laura and Heidi for your help. I will test the Budget lock feature.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved