Solved

Change Requests added to Subcontract Commitment

• 18 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there any way to add a change request to an existing subcontract commitment?

It seems I can only add to change order and create a new commitment purchase order.

Thanks

Michael

icon

Best answer by Colm Lennon 19 December 2021, 16:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Here’s what I would do…..

1. Go to Construction / Change Orders
  2. Create a new Change Order
  3. Select the Class
  4. Select the Project
  5. Click the “Commitments” tab
  6. Click “Select Commitments”
  7. Select the subcontract you want to change and click “Add Lines & Close”
  8. Enter the amounts, remove hold, and release.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 2

I know this is old, but I just did some testing on this topic. and wanted anyone else who comes across this to see the option I found which might have been added since this discussion.

On the Change Request screen > Estimate tab it appears that you have to create a new commitment. When the change request is approved and added to a change order; the commitment changes will default in as a new commitment document, however, on the change order record you can go to the commitments tab and change the commitment type if needed and select an existing commitment to add the change to the existing commitment. Ideally this would be selected on the change request, but the process can be noted to make the changes needed once the request is added to the change order so that the existing commitments are modified.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello @msw21,

Thanks for the post. I am in 100% agreement with @Colm Lennon’s reply above. This should allow you to perform the exact tasks you stated the need to do. If you have any questions, please ask.

Regards,

Mike 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Here’s what I would do…..

1. Go to Construction / Change Orders
  2. Create a new Change Order
  3. Select the Class
  4. Select the Project
  5. Click the “Commitments” tab
  6. Click “Select Commitments”
  7. Select the subcontract you want to change and click “Add Lines & Close”
  8. Enter the amounts, remove hold, and release.

Hope this helps.

Hi @Colm Lennon and @Chris Hackett , 

How to decrease the Commitment amount? It put an error if I set a negative amount .

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your option with the community @khalme !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved