Solved

Can we use RFI Functionality with Subcontractors to Update Task Status?

• 14 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Trying to figure out the most effective design for collaborating with our subcontractors on schedule / task management. Let’s use lighting fixtures as the example. Lets say our project schedule says our sub should be completing 25 fixtures a day for the next 5 days. We want the sub to update their status on a daily basis and tell us how many they actually completed. Let’s say Monday they completed 22 but ran into problems. Then Tuesday they completed 26, Wednesday 26, Thursday 26, and Friday 25. Would RFI be the right functionality in Project Management to get this information from the subcontractor?

I’m thinking we create an RFI and assign it to the sub with scheduled tasks. We email the RFI to the sub and they would then go into Acumatica to update their actual completions against the RFI. 

Am I thinking about this the right way or is there a more elegant solution?

icon

Best answer by david.harris 14 September 2020, 21:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

The Daily Field Report is more for the daily activities on a project as a whole. Notes could be used to track the success of a sub on a day to day basis, the RFI would add the accountability to the Sub. 

While either would work I think RFI would be cleaner and hold the sub accountable with written confirmations.  

Userlevel 4
Badge

Colm,

This is a perfect example of a way to utilize the RFI function in Acumatica. Use it to communicate with the subs and use tasks to set due dates  and even reminders for verification. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks David. I’m curious if RFI or Daily Field Report would be better. Curious what others have done.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved