Steps to find list of Entity class, Entity profiles linked to an AttributeID (Attribute )

• 26 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Acumatica Support Team
  • 778 replies

Use case :

• User wants to delete an attribute, ‘Delete’ is greyed out on CS205000 screen
  • User wants to know if the attribute was ever used on an Entity class or an Entity profile

Steps to find required information:

Here are the steps to find out if an attributeID was ever linked to an Entity class and also on what Entity profiles is this attribute used.

To find Entity class profile linked to an attribute:

• When you select an attribute on an Entity class profile ( say an Item class or Customer class etc.) an entry gets added to CSAttributeGroup table 
  • Create a GI and pull all records from CSAttributeGroup table, filter by AttributeID, you can find Entity classes with specific AttributeID.

To find Entity profiles linked to an attribute:

• When user adds a value for an attribute on an Entity profile ( Say select a value for an attribute on a customer profile or an item profile), a line gets added to CSAnswers table
  • Create a GI on CSAnswers table and set a filter based on AttributeID, you can find list of Entity records with Attribute value.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’m trying to REMOVE an Attribute’s VALUE ID from a Control Type COMBO. I have deleted about 90% of the affected VALUE ID’s, but I just can’t find these last few VALUE ID’s anywhere.

This Attribute exists on Stock and Non-Stock goods (PX.Objects.IN.InventoryItem), but the VALUE ID, no longer exists on anything I can find. (I even toggled “include deleted rows” in the inquiry)

When I try to remove them I get:

CS Error: The Value ID cannot be deleted because it is in use.

Now I can quickly spit out every item and the attribute, but none of them have the values I wish to delete. 

I ran out an inquiry to check the value given to all items. The BAD values all appear, but they have no Item ID associated, unlike all the valid attributes, who show their stock and non-stock item id’s. I can see all 15k items we have and the value on them, but then I get a series of 151 blanks at the end with these VALUE ID’s on them. Are these hidden somehow or something? Is that even a thing?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved